Our client is a well-established public accounting firm that prides itself on delivering excellent and personalized service for their roster of owner-managed small-to-mid-sized businesses. As the newest member of their team, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, an experienced and highly valued group of accounting professionals.
Each professional works closely with their own group of clients, getting to know them and to understand their business. The successful candidate will become an integral part of clients’ business, becoming a trusted resource for accounting and tax services and questions.
- Preparation of Review Engagement and Notice to Reader files
- Analysis of general ledger accounts
- Investigating discrepancies and variances
- Recording, adjusting, and reclassifying journal entries as required
- Preparing the necessary working papers for support of various accounts
- Work directly with clients to obtain information, respond to inquiries, and assist with Quickbooks and Simply Accounting issues
- Prepare personal income tax returns, HST returns, and assist with the preparation of government information slips (T-3, T-4 etc) as required
The idea candidate will have strong accounting and tax skills, as well being adept at building solid relationships with a wide variety of clients. The ability to prioritize, communicate clearly with business owners, and attention to detail are essential. Strong Excel knowledge (V-Lookup, Pivot tables) as well as proficiency with Caseware, QuickBooks, and Simply Accounting are required.
If this sounds interesting, please contact: