This position has been filled.
Not since Henry Ford introduced the moving assembly line has there been such technological disruption in the automotive industry. Some of that new technology makes headlines – self-driving vehicles, engines powered by electricity or hydrogen. Other, less flashy technology such as side and rear-view cameras and lane sensors might not make headlines but are equally revolutionary.
Our client is a leading full-system supplier of innovative products to the global automotive industry, focused on combining the capabilities of mechanical systems with the intelligence of electronic controls. Their industry-leading products are designed, tested and manufactured in Canada and around the world.
The Controller, Global Finance is a new role positioned to be a key player in the financial leadership of the business. Working collaboratively with the Director, Global Finance and the VP Finance, as well as cross-functionally within the organization, the successful candidate will initiate value-adding decisions and opportunities, as well as ensuring the integrity of financial governance and internal controls.
- Review the consolidated and divisional financial results, monthly/quarterly/annually versus the budget and forecast
- Prepare month-end reports for head office and group management review
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and presentations for global group management
- Review performance of cash flow, working capital, capital expenditure, ROFE, financial ratios, and net cost reductions versus forecast and business plan for the global group
- Manage foreign currency related issues and strategy
- Support strategic projects (ie. Systems conversions, restructuring, M&A, key commercial negotiations)
- Directly manage a staff of three Financial Analysts and Accountants
Essential to success in this role is a CPA, CA designation and a minimum of 5+ years in related financial experience in a region or substantial business unit, preferably in manufacturing/automotive industry. Demonstrated experience in financial controls and reporting, financial planning, audit, compliance, treasury, tax, and cash management are vital. Three years of supervisory experience is also required, ideally in a complex, global organization, as is the ability to work in fast-paced environment. This is a challenging role in a dynamic industry.