Not since Henry Ford introduced the moving assembly line has there been such technological disruption in the automotive industry. Some of that new technology makes headlines – self-driving vehicles, engines powered by electricity or hydrogen. Other, less flashy technology such as side and rear-view cameras and lane sensors might not make headlines but are equally revolutionary.
Our client is a leading full-system supplier of innovative products to the global automotive industry, focused on combining the capabilities of mechanical systems with the intelligence of electronic controls. Their industry-leading products are designed, tested and manufactured in Canada and around the world.
The Controller, Global Finance is a new role positioned to be a key player in the financial leadership of the business. Working collaboratively with the Director, Global Finance and the VP Finance, as well as cross-functionally within the organization, the successful candidate will initiate value-adding decisions and opportunities, as well as ensuring the integrity of financial governance and internal controls.
- Review the consolidated and divisional financial results, monthly/quarterly/annually versus the budget and forecast
- Prepare month-end reports for head office and group management review
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and presentations for global group management
- Review performance of cash flow, working capital, capital expenditure, ROFE, financial ratios, and net cost reductions versus forecast and business plan for the global group
- Manage foreign currency related issues and strategy
- Support strategic projects (ie. Systems conversions, restructuring, M&A, key commercial negotiations)
- Directly manage a staff of three Financial Analysts and Accountants
Essential to success in this role is a CPA, CA designation and a minimum of 5+ years in related financial experience in a region or substantial business unit, preferably in manufacturing/automotive industry. Demonstrated experience in financial controls and reporting, financial planning, audit, compliance, treasury, tax, and cash management are vital. Three years of supervisory experience is also required, ideally in a complex, global organization, as is the ability to work in fast-paced environment. This is a challenging role in a dynamic industry.