This position has been filled.
It’s been a year of uncertainty and change, of adapting to new ways of working and engaging with family, friends, and colleagues. It may seem like it’s not the right time to even consider taking on a new role. Not so, according to several experts interviewed by Business Insider who suggest that a crisis is the perfect opportunity to think about our current role and what we might like to be doing differently.
A leading full-system supplier of innovative products to the global automotive industry, our client is focused on combining the capabilities of mechanical systems with the intelligence of electronic controls. Their industry-leading products are designed, tested and manufactured in Canada and around the world.
The Controller, Group Office and Special Projects is a new role positioned to be a key player in the financial leadership of the business. Working collaboratively with the Director, Global Finance and the VP Finance, as well as cross-functionally within the organization, the successful candidate will initiate value-adding decisions and opportunities, as well as ensuring the integrity of the accounting policies and standards, the financial governance of the company and the internal control environment.
- Support strategic projects (i.e system conversion, restructuring, relocation, M&A, key commercial negotiation, compliance initiatives)
- Prepare the consolidated and divisional financial results, monthly/quarterly/annually vs. the budget and forecast and month-end reports for head office and group management review; manage monthly capital spending analysis and reporting
- Review performance of cash flow, working capital, capital expenditure, ROFE, financial ratios, and net cost reductions versus forecast and business plan for the global group
- Identify foreign currency exposure for a five-year rolling period, formulate and implement foreign currency strategy, places foreign currency contracts where appropriate
- Evaluate and assess identified divisional control and financial reporting deficiencies, assist with development of correction actions and related remediation follow-up
- Support the global annual business plan and 7-year plan reviews, final consolidations and presentations
Essential to success in this role is a CPA, CA designation and a minimum of 5+ years with related financial experience in a region or substantial business unit, preferably in manufacturing/automotive industry. Strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to focus on the details in a fast-paced environment, while being able to prioritize and pivot are key. Experience in supervising, managing, developing, and motivating a team and experience in a global organization would be an asset.
This role will appeal to someone wanting to take their career to the next level.