This position has been filled.
The media industry has undergone a tectonic shift. New generations of consumers will be baffled with the concept of consuming media at a fixed time and through a single medium. Even today’s emerging formats may well be extinct.
Our client is a nimble and inventive media leader that has successfully harnessed new media platforms, content production and global distribution to carve out a healthy share of todays volatile and discerning media market.
They are a privately-held, Canadian-owned, international content producer, distributor and channel operator offering original programming for multiple genres and a large portfolio of well-known and respected international brand-name channels.
Headquartered in Toronto, with global subsidiaries, a recent purchase effectively doubled the company’s employee count and revenues.
With this rapid global growth, the newly-created role of Controller will have oversight of a large team responsible for the accounting function and charged with finding creative ways to leverage technology to streamline and/or enhance processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee all daily accounting functions, including reconciliations, G/L management, A/P, A/R and related functions along with internal expense reporting
- Oversee payroll for UK, Canada and US businesses, including preparation and review of salaries, review of schedules, payroll summaries, reconciliations and tax preparation
- Ownership of month-end close process for Canadian operations
- Manage day-to-day cashflow
- Establish monthly and quarterly controls to ensure public company reporting standards are met
- Coach and mentor an effective, motivated and committed finance team
- Special projects
Requisite criteria are a CPA designation and a minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the accounting function in a mid-to-large company. The successful candidate will be a player-coach who can motivate and mentor a large, diverse team and is able to navigate and thrive in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.