This position has been filled.
In 1992 Bruce Springsteen sang that there were “57 channels and nothing on.” In 2019 there are literally tens of thousands of TV channels, with people consuming content across a plethora of platforms. There is certainly a lot to watch these days…
Our client is a privately-held, Canadian-owned, international content producer, distributor and channel operator positioned to take advantage of the growing and evolving media landscape. They offer original programming for multiple genres and a large portfolio of well-known and respected international brand-name channels.
Headquartered in Toronto, with operations in the US, Asia, Europe, and Australasia, a recent purchase effectively doubled the company’s employee count and revenues.
With this rapid global growth, the newly-defined Director of Finance will have oversight of a small, sophisticated team and work closely with the Global Finance group to lead all aspects of complex technical accounting and consolidated financial reporting in a highly-transactional environment. Although they are a private company, our client conducts its Financial Reporting and Control function to public company standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual global corporate consolidation process and oversee complex monthly accounting entries and accruals
- Support corporate and statutory financial statements, notes and MD&A of annual reports
- Investigate, document and make recommendations on complex accounting matters
- Support quarterly Board Reporting and cashflow analysis and preparation of the quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process and provide modelling support as required
- Participate in special projects and transactions
If you hold a CPA, CA designation with and have 5 – 10 years’ experience auditing or reporting for a global public company and have a proven track record building relationships with diverse groups, this is the role for you.