This position has been filled.
The race to discover, test, and approve a vaccine against COVID-19 has been at the top of the news cycle for many months. From the basic science in the lab through to clinical trials and finally, hopefully, regulatory approval it requires vision, perseverance, and scientific expertise. As a publicly traded biotechnology company, this is a process our client knows well. The company’s founders brought both world class technical knowledge and a passion for their work to the table. That drive, along with a focus on cutting-edge science, has brought them to the final steps in the approval process.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance will take the lead on internal and external reporting, the budget process, and creating new reports and analysis to ensure timely and accurate financial information is available to the senior management team. There is opportunity here to work closely with the CFO, with exposure to investor relations and operations.
- Monthly and quarterly closing, including preparation of financial statements under IFRS, and drafting quarterly and annual MD&A
- Develop insightful internal analysis and reporting documents to meet the specific needs of the senior management team
- Lead the budget preparation process, working closely with Research & Development and the Chief Development Officer
- Maintain timely regulatory filings in both Canada and USA, including government reporting requirements and tax filings (payroll, HST, etc.)
- Assist the CFO in other projects as needed, including leading the implementation of a new accounting system
The ideal candidate will bring a willingness to take on any and all tasks, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and impeccable analytical and organizational skills. In addition, you are a self-starter able to prioritize and with a proven ability to think creatively and solve problems.
A CPA, CA designation is required, as is familiarity with QuickBooks and previous experience in full-cycle accounting, preferably in a small-to-mid-sized company using IFRS. Public company experience, as well as exposure to a multi-currency environment is highly desired.