The majority of Canadians have spent more time in and around their homes in the last year than at any other time in recent history. As we’ve spent our days looking at the same four walls, many have decided to undertake home renovations. While some are launching major upgrades, research points to a focus on smaller projects.
Our client, a Canadian market leader whose proprietary manufacturing technology makes them a true stand-out in the building industry, is seeking to hire a Divisional Controller. The incumbent will be a key member of the management team, supporting the President and key members of the finance team at corporate head office as the company continues to grow. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of cost accounting, processes, and systems and be capable of driving change while taking a hands-on approach to the day-to-day accounting and finance challenges of a manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide robust financial data to support organizational goals and business growth, including reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial statements for Leadership Team.
- Overseeing a small staff, manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Continuous weekly and monthly forecasts for revenue, labor hours, labor dollars and variable costs.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing processes and internal controls across all departments.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory including establishing, monitoring and analyzing costs, variances and overseeing inventory counts; reconciling finished goods inventories.
- Work closely with IT and Operations to identify and trouble shoot routing, bill of material and inventory backflush material to ensure the effective operation of the perpetual inventory system and the accurate integration of the sales and production ERP system (Paradigm) into the accounting system (Quick Books).
The successful candidate will have the energy, enthusiasm and business savvy to take on and lead the finance function in this high growth company. A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or CPA, CMA) is required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in hands-on financial management in a manufacturing environment. Experience developing and implementing cost standards, as well as a strong costing systems background is essential, as is the ability to establish effective cross-functional and multi-level relationships in a manufacturing setting.