This position has been filled.
Fairfax Financial. A proud Canadian public company built on the values of integrity, hard work and loyalty. Over it’s 30+ year history, Fairfax Financial has been synonymous with stability, long-term value, and diversity. Fairfax’s success is attributed to its stable management, visionary leader, and pragmatic & disciplined investment strategy. The result is a blue-chip Canadian public company with over $10b revenues, 13,000 employees globally, and investments in companies across all sectors and borders.
Adding to Fairfax’s allure is a unique culture that is apolitical and results-oriented. People are drawn to Fairfax by the name, they stay because they are treated with respect and are given the opportunity to contribute and grow professionally.
The Financial Reporting, Manager role is the ideal-entry point into this dynamic business, providing an overview of its complex global structure, diverse operations, and the plethora of transactions and holdings that underlie the company’s long-term success. This individual will gain visibility within a small corporate office comprised of the top senior executives in the organization. Patient ambition is recognized and rewarded at Fairfax.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complex accounting, including consolidations, acquisitions and divestitures, elimination of intercompany investments and transactions, changes in ownership interests, and small-to-mid-size corporate reorganizations
- Preparation of financial statements and notes, MD&A, financial reporting disclosure checklist
- Consolidation of annual fiscal plans
- Liaise with subsidiaries to provide accounting guidance and resolve issues
- Participate in special projects i.e. modeling, debt or equity issuances, accounting research
If you hold a CPA, CA designation with 6+ years of experience in public company reporting and/or audit and enjoy the challenge of complex technical accounting issues this is the role for you.