This position has been filled.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Operations and working collaboratively with the finance leadership of the parent company, the Director of Finance will work effectively to support the business and drive continuous improvement. This is a change leadership and oversight role, but with a strong element of being hands-on as the finance team and the company undergo significant change following a recent acquisition.
The Director of Finance will contribute to all areas of the business through their ability to lead, mentor and develop a team, change management and process improvement acumen, in-depth finance knowledge, and detailed analytical mindset. The successful candidate will have the vision, initiative and relationship management skills to streamline, enhance and develop processes, controls and systems as the company moves forward. In addition, they will be responsible for reorganizing and developing an effective finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all aspects of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, including variance analysis reporting for internal and the public parent company’s senior management teams
- Manage the preparation of the monthly and quarterly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Development of detailed financial models, forecasts and key statistical ratio and variance analysis reports to support the operational and financial health of the business, as well as key monthly performance indicators and reports
- Lead the budget process, including process improvements and developing additional budget documents that include areas such as, but not limited to, CAPEX vs OPEX and supplementary budgets
- Lead the process of implementing new accounting software from needs assessment through to installation and training
Essential to success is a CPA, CA designation and a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership position along with the ability to focus on the details in a fast-paced, highly deadline-driven environment. Being able to prioritize and pivot are key. Experience in supervising, managing, developing, and motivating a team is also a must.
This role will appeal to someone wanting to take their career to the next level.