This position has been filled.
Thankfully, our public healthcare system is not the political hot potato it is in the US right now. However, providing quality patient care while reducing costs and enhancing efficiency are also critical objectives in the Canadian system. Our client is a leading healthcare supplier that helps hospitals and other healthcare providers do just that.
As the Canadian arm of a global company with operations across Canada, our client is seeking an accomplished finance professional to join their Canadian corporate team based in the GTA. Reporting to the VP Finance, the Senior Manager, Finance will lead a team of five high performing accounting professionals.
The role is hands-on, yet strategic and broad in scope, offering the opportunity to work with professionals across the organization. The Senior Manager, Finance will be responsible for helping the business better service its customers by employing efficient processes that maintain the integrity of financial reporting and adherence to controls while being pragmatic and accountable.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of month-end close, monthly reports, legal financial statements and cash flow forecasts
- Monitor, track and proactively report business performance identifying issues, opportunities and challenges
- Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for improvements in process and implementing change
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Define and execute internal controls to manage financial risk
- Execute special projects
The successful candidate will be a CPA, CA with at least 5 years’ experience with public company reporting. A proactive, energetic professional with strong business acumen, strong communication and relationship building skills and attention to detail will thrive in this role.