This position has been filled.
It’s a dog-eat-dog world in the CPG and pharmaceutical industries – only the sharpest and most agile survive in a marketplace where consumers have seemingly infinite choices to meet their every whim and need.
Among the many elements that help to build a successful company are innovative product development and a focus on knowing your market based on rigorous analysis. As they prepare for an IPO and set their sights firmly on the future, our client is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to join their proven, dedicated finance team.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will bring outstanding analytical and data-modelling skills as a compliment to their strong business-sense, energy and passion for their work. An inherent curiosity, ability to explore new options and ask “what if” combined with maturity, the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment, and excellent communication and relationship building skills complete the profile.
Reporting to the VP Finance, this role will be responsible for:
- Tracking project/capital expenditures ($150 – $200 million in the next year)
- Financial model construction and pro-forma modelling for potential M&A and future brands
- Monthly financial reporting and operational KPIs
- Ownership and roll-out of the budgeting and forecasting process across the company
- Cash flow management, including FX management, forecast and exposure analysis
- Developing and presenting planning scenarios to senior management
- Identify and champion process improvements as necessary
- Ad hoc reports
The ideal candidate will be a CPA (CA, CMA) or MBA/CFA with at least 2 – 3 years post-designation experience, preferably in financial planning and analysis in a CPG environment. Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills are essential. Experience with CAPEX, biological asset modelling and capital market experience will be considered assets.