This position has been filled.
People are not only living longer today than ever before, they also want to live better, to stay active and socially engaged well past traditional ‘retirement’ age. Our client is helping people to do just that through the more than 50 communities they manage, all designed to foster quality of life for seniors while providing the level of care appropriate for their health needs.
As a key member of their finance and accounting group, the Manager of Finance, Operations is a leadership role, focused on building strong relationships, within their own team and cross-functionally. Those relationships, coupled with strong technical skills, will allow the successful candidate to flourish in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Manage performance of property accounting team by providing timely feedback and ongoing coaching
- Drive the full cycle accounting process for assigned community portfolio by supporting the Finance Operations Accountants in applying policies
- Drive the effort to automate and streamline processes through collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives to enable finance culture of seeking to provide superior financial support to stakeholders
- Execute internal control procedures and advise on methods to improve procedures
- Support the operational budget process including working with Regional Directors
- Special projects, including reporting for joint venture partners
The ideal candidate is a CPA, CA with a minimum of 5 years experience, including at least one year of people management experience. An operational focus, advanced Excel skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to interpret results to support business growth are essential, as is demonstrated ability to motivate and coach a team. Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills, are equally important.