This position has been filled.
Attracting and, perhaps even more importantly, retaining top-notch employees has always been one of the key challenges facing employers. Add in the additional complexities global mobility, highly specialized skill sets, a booming economy and the increased importance many employees place on job satisfaction and work-life-balance and that task becomes even more daunting. While compensation is not the number one factor in attracting and retaining the best and the brightest, most HR experts identify it as one of the top five.
Our client is a leading full-system supplier of innovative products to the global automotive industry, focused on combining the capabilities of mechanical systems with the intelligence of electronic controls. They design, test and manufacture industry-leading products in Canada and around the world.
The Senior Advisor, Global Compensation & Mobility will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and administering new and existing total compensation packages across the organization. Collaborating with global HR partners, the successful candidate will undertake market research, internal analysis and be the trusted advisor to senior management on all issues relating to employee compensation policies and practices.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, has excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Leadership presence, meticulous attention to detail and financial acumen are essential to success in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop, implement and administer robust and competitive global compensation programs
- Build relationships with senior executives across the organization to provide insights and strategic recommendations related to all aspects of total compensation including incentive and job evaluation programs and legislative requirements.
- Provide full scope of project leadership and change management for new and on-going initiatives, from selecting team members to implementation of solutions for current and future projects locally and globally.
- Provide training and education to support global HR Partners and operating divisions
- Partner with external vendors, professional associations and networks to conduct in-depth and relevant market data/trend analysis to ensure competitiveness of total compensation programs
- Provide analysis and effective cost-modelling to support budgeting and forecasting of compensation and benefits programs
- Initiate all new/renewal global mobility contracts and maintain regular communication with expatriate employees, service providers and internal resources; manage global mobility policies and compliance
If you have 7+ years of progressive total compensation experience and demonstrated experience with an HRIS system in a fast-paced, global manufacturing environment, coupled with strong knowledge of HR principles and practices and advanced Excel skills, we look forward to speaking with you.