The challenge of growing a business in today’s economy is more complex than ever. Solid financial advice and guidance can make the difference between brilliant success and wasted potential.
Our client a leader in advisory, financial reporting and accounting services for the junior capital market in Canada. They work for companies in such diverse areas as technology, mining, agri-business and real estate investment trusts.
Working in conjunction with a team of experienced CPA, CAs and senior accountants specialized in handling the daily and monthly accounting requirements of a business, the Senior Financial Advisor will become an integral part of their clients’ day-to-day operations as their part-time CFO, providing both financial and business advice.
What does this role look like on a daily basis? The day may start with a conference call with the CEO of a tech start-up who needs advice on financing, move on to a presentation to the Board of Directors of a junior miner and finish up with the preparation of the consolidated annual financial statements for a licensed medical marijuana grower.
The idea candidate will have:
- A CPA, CA designation with 2 – 3 years post-designation experience
- Hands-on experience preparing financial statements (preferably in accordance with IFRS and Canadian GAAP)
- Business acumen
- Strong strategic thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build and manage working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Caseview/Caseware
If you believe you have the right combination of skill and drive to excel in this fascinating and complex world, this is a role that could help you take your career not just to the next level, but accelerate your professional and personal growth.