This position has been filled.
We’ve all heard the saying “variety is the spice of life.” In this unique opportunity, variety is more akin to the “cherry on the top” of a complex, challenging, and evolving role that will take the successful candidate from the back room to the board room.
Our client is a leader in financial accounting, reporting, and advisory services for the junior capital market in Canada. They work for companies in the fast-moving and competitive fields of resource development, technology, agricultural development, and real estate investment trusts preparing the quarterly and year-end financial reporting required of publicly-listed companies, as well as shepherding them through the complex processes of raising capital, growing in a sustainable fashion, and taking their business to the next level as part-time CFOs.
It’s a demanding environment with high expectations, and our client is looking for someone who brings not only advanced technical skills to the table, but also exceptional people skills, business insight, and strong judgement. Those attributes coupled with a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple clients and projects on tight deadlines, and the ambition to move your career ahead will allow the successful candidate to become a valued member of a sharp, collaborative, and respected team.
As Manager, Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will work with an in-house team of senior accountants to direct and review their work, prepare quarterly and financial statements for higher-level clients, including international consolidated entities, be involved in strategic management of the firm, and ensure clients are satisfied. Within a year, the Manager, Financial Reporting should begin to take on CFO roles of their own, with all the responsibilities and challenges that entails.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A CPA, CA designation and at least one year as a manager
- Hands-on experience preparing financial statements and supporting notes in accordance with Canadian GAAP and IFRS
- Strong working knowledge of Caseview/Caseware
- Strong team orientation and excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage key business relationships both internally and externally
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize, bringing projects to completion on tight deadlines
- The ability to effectively manage key business relationships internally and externally
If you believe you have the right combination of skill and mind-set to thrive in this fascinating and complex world, this is a role that could catapault your career to the next level.