This position has been filled.
Cannabis. It’s an industry that has seized the imaginations, energies – and dollars – of investors, inventors, and the general public in a way that we haven’t seen since the Model T and the Apple computer were prototypes.
From the outside, the industry may look to be a bit of ‘wild west’ with mergers, acquisitions, new players, and new products hitting the headlines daily. With a strong strategic plan developed by business leaders from multi-national CPG and alcohol companies, our client is carving out their stake in this dynamic industry.
A premium global cannabis company, with operations focused on medical cannabis markets in Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America and the Canadian adult-use market, our client is looking for an experienced tax finance professional to work with the CFO and Corporate Controller in leading the Company’s local and global tax operations, continuous improvement initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Manage Canadian tax compliance including corporate tax filings, foreign affiliate tax reporting, quarterly tax provision reporting for global group, annual consolidated tax provision reporting, and financial statement note disclosures.
- Manage a global tax operations and coordinate transfer pricing analysis and documentation requirements
- Assist with structuring and the due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Coordinate cash repatriation, dividend and financing strategies
- Manage the Company’s withholding and annual sales tax returns and excise tax returns
- Manage the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (“SR&ED”) tax claims.
- Manage the Canada Revenue Agency audits.
- Assist with foreign government tax audits as needed.
- Manage Canadian and foreign Government Incentive Programs.
Essential to success in this role is a CPA, CA designation, completion of the CPA Canada In-depth Tax course or equivalent, and six or more years of Canadian corporate income tax experience, including a strong working knowledge of Canada’s tax rules on foreign affiliates, SR&ED, transfer pricing and profit repatriation. Experience in CPG, alcohol or tobacco is an asset, as is familiarity with Canadian public company reporting requirements.